Sr. Java Engineer - Distributed Systems
Indicative is changing the way the world's biggest businesses make decisions with data.
Our innovative Behavioral Analytics platform empowers everyone in a business to access, understand, and visualize every piece of their company's customer engagement data and get the insights they need, all with a few clicks in a web browser.
We are tackling a huge problem in a huge space with a great team backed by great investors.
Due to rapid growth, we are looking to expand our team to help execute a variety of critical initiatives.
We're hiring proactive, analytical engineers to build out our data ingestion pipeline and query engine. In this role, you'll have your thumb on the pulse of our most critical systems, and you'll help in innovating to scale out our infrastructure as our business grows.
- Lead and contribute to the technical architecture and vision for Indicative
- Research and develop new concepts and ideas to help scale our systems and eliminate performance bottlenecks
- Implement new features and functionality to support our growing customer base
- Engineer prototypes and tests to validate research
- Brainstorm and build solutions to promote global scalability, and to anticipate and preempt issues
- You have advanced skills in Java or Scala and the JVM (3+ years)
- You have a solid CS foundation: you're able to justify the data structures, algorithms and techniques used in your code, and you're able to analyze it with regard to time/space complexity.
- You recognize the importance of clean/reusable code, automated testing, and building scalable systems.
- You get the job done: we're a small company, and we all wear a lot of hats. Whether it's engineering, ops, or even customer-facing, you're good for it.
- You're able to learn quickly and gain mastery of new technologies. We're primarily a JVM shop using Cassandra, Hadoop, Cascading, MySQL, RabbitMQ, Thrift, AWS. Your ability to get up to speed quickly is more important than your experience.
- A polite, collegial, and quiet work environment centrally located Union Square.
- Awesome team culture: No politics, little formal hierarchy, and one that values independence and autonomy.
- Friendly and intelligent co-workers who are the BEST in their respective fields.
- Be a key player in the direction of the company and product.
- A successful management team that has experience in building and selling profitable businesses.
- Competitive compensation rates, full benefits and 401(k).
- Computer of your choice, extra monitors, special hardware, quiet space, fully stocked snack area, and team outings.
- Team lunches, snacks, drinks, etc.