Business Analyst - Special Projects
Indicative is a customer analytics platform focused on making analytics easy for businesses by building simple, yet incredibly powerful tools. The company is led by a successful management team with a proven track record that includes multiple exits to Fortune 500 companies.
In this role, you will primarily be responsible for identifying and executing a variety of special projects, working directly with Sales, Customer Success, and Product teams to understand customer needs, prioritize improvements, and deliver fixes. It requires a combination of project management, business analysis, and interdepartmental execution skills. In addition to being at the front line of receiving direct customer inquiries, you will quickly surface off-the-shelf solutions or – in cases where further action is required – identify improvement projects, verify bugs, and work with the team to make changes to our product. You will distill customer feedback into an actionable work plan and then use this to explore various business improvement ideas. A strong candidate will have an interest in or understanding of enterprise SaaS, marketing, product, and/or data analytics. Responsibilities will include project management and business analysis, including participating in product research, strategy, writing specifications, understanding customer behavior, recommending improvements, and being a general jack- or jill-of-all-trades.
- Respond to inbound inquiries from SaaS business customers via web chat and email
- Collaborate with Sales, Customer Success, and Product teams on responding to customer requests
- Gain clarity from various stakeholders and document product features and improvements
- Write detailed requirements in support of the development process
- Investigate business problems and customer insights in collaboration with other teams
- Analyze data on customer usage of certain platform features, formulate and test hypotheses, and summarize conclusions
In addition to being well-versed in project management job functions, the role requires awareness of the business analysis needs of an organization and familiarity with data analysis and visualization. Experience using business intelligence or analytics solutions is preferred. A curious mindset is critical to this role.
- Recent grads welcome, 1-2 years of business support and/or business analysis experience preferred
- Data enthusiast or eager to learn about data/analytics
- Positive, can-do attitude, and scrappiness a must!
- Excellent oral communication, written communication, and analytical skills
- Detail-oriented, self-starter with the capacity to become a power user in our tools quickly
- Self-motivated and resourceful about solving customer challenges in a variety of ways
- Able to assist in the completion of project goals and help facilitate communication, organization, and accountability across the technical/engineering departments and the other areas of the company
- Problem solver, an instinct to take on challenges and proactive about seeking solutions will be key for success
- Knowledgeable about the broader analytics space (i.e. Tableau, Looker)
- Experience from a large software company or technology consulting firm is a plus
- Start up experience is a plus
We are always growing, learning, and adapting, in and out of the office. You’ll be joining a team that is crazy smart and very direct. We ask hard questions and challenge each other to improve our work. We are self-driven but team oriented. We're dedicated to agile methodology and big believers in 'lean'.
- The opportunity to be part of a lean but highly productive team
- A polite, collegial, and energetic work environment at a WeWork in Downtown LA
- Awesome team culture: no politics, little formal hierarchy, and one that values independence and autonomy
- Friendly and intelligent co-workers who are the BEST in their respective fields
- A successful management team that has experience in building and selling profitable businesses
- Team lunches every Wednesday and Friday, with unlimited snacks!